Tuesday 30 July 2013

Robin Thicke "Blurred Lines" Sexy Boys Parody by Mod Carousel




 "I know you want me." 

Robin Thicke, the star of the controversial "Blurred Lines" video is the topic of many discussions between feminists and ordinary people alike.

 I came across this parody and feel it summed up the thoughts of most females and even some males in general regarding this subject. Does this make you feel uncomfortable watching it? It makes me feel objectified. I am so glad someone has taken the initiative to create something like this which is hard-hitting and straight to the point.

 Now, I know some of you may be sat thinking I must be a prude and Thicke's music video is all a bit of fun. However, believe me when I tell you I am probably the least prude person going, and it takes a lot to make me squirm in my seat when it comes to sexualisation and the like.  

 Men are seen prancing around showing little to the imagination, whilst women in suits; obviously a mark of authority- follow them around saying they need to be "domesticated" in the parody. Pretty strange if you ask me- but this is how women are treated by the media and some men in this world. 

 I enjoy the odd music video with gorgeous women showing off their moves and men in awe, not going to lie. It makes me feel good as a woman. However, something about this video has made me feel slightly uncomfortable... even in 2013. 

The parody has certainly entertained me in a light hearted way, but there is a serious message to be learnt from it.

If you want to check out the original video; click below.

I am not going to lie, it is a catchy song and I will have a dance to it on a Saturday night, but the parody video has definitely shed new light on it. 

Can I just say gentlemen, try any of the lines in this song with a lady you are trying to woo and you probably won't get very far. Just a tip.


Jessica





No comments:

Post a Comment