Friday 16 May 2014

Revolution Plymouth- Foodie Friday




         www.revolution-bars.co.uk


 Revolution is not somewhere I'd usually consider having a fabulous meal at; but recently in Plymouth it has undergone a revamp. Sleek yet comfortable, this is definitely a new hot spot for cocktails and yummy food galore. 

Friday came and so did the opportunity to indulge myself in a few much needed cocktails; hello the month of university deadlines and naughty food. 
  
 We were greeted by an extremely friendly and helpful waitress. 

 I arrived during happy hour- bonus! The cocktail menu is small but it does the job. It has every well known cocktail on it with a few extras. I started off with a "Bubblegum Sour" and added a "Manhatten"...I'm not going to turn down happy hour, am I?! 

 Bubblegum Sour is a new favourite. I could indulge in those all night! 



 We then spotted 3 "small" dishes for £10. What a steal. These would be perfect paired with a few cocktails or in our case; a pretty impressive shared starter. We went for the garlic flat bread, goats cheese bon bons (wow) and chicken skewers with herbs. 



 Delicious! These are definitely something I would love to try more of; and will be the next time I go for a few cheeky drinks. 

 It was time to order our mains. They have a great range to choose from; including some pretty impressive pizzas and sides. I opted for the blackened chicken burger and my companion opted for a "Sloppy Joe" pizza. No meal was over £10 from what I saw, and the food was better than I expected for what basically are pub food prices. 



(Check out those cute mini pizza cutters!) 

 The pizza was traditional, crisp and with ample toppings. Servings are generous and will even leave the biggest appetites satisfied. My highlight was definitely the beautifully cooked fries and "home made" styled coleslaw! 

 All in all I was impressed. This beautiful venue will definitely be on my go-to list in future for any fun and frivolous outing I may have the urge for! 




1 comment: