Tuesday 27 May 2014

Delicious Home Made Pizza

 Today I was naughtily craving pizza. Things got worse when the post came, and a long with it came a flyer for a local take-away pizza outlet with discounts. I swear some days the world is out to personally get you.

 I decided to combat the naughty and (still with discounts included) over priced pizza staring back at me and headed into the kitchen to make my own delight. 

Mine may not look as perfectly round as I made it by hand- but let us just call it quaint. It still tasted delicious.

 This pizza is quick and easy to make, and you can use up random ingredients you find in the kitchen for the toppings too- bonus!

Flat bread base:
  • 350g/12oz plain flour, plus extra for dusting (I 260g as it was just me!)
  • salt and black pepper
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 150-200ml/5-7fl oz warm water

    Toppings:
  • (You can personalise this to your taste!)
  • Tomato purée
    Touch of ketchup
    Mature cheese
    Frozen prawns
    Sweet corn
    Rocket
    Salt and pepper 

 I simply made the base, spread it out into a rough pizza like shape. You can spend more time on this if you want something a little more aesthetically pleasing. Alas, it was just me I was cooking for so I wasn't that fussed...

 Place the dough on a non-stick baking and place in a pre heated oven. I cooked this pizza by eye as I wasn't really following any recipe. I left the base in there for about 8-10 minutes. I then took it out and added the toppings (apart from the rocket). I place it back in the over for another 8 or so minutes, keep watching, took it out when ready and added the rocket- voila!

 My home made pizza was complete. And completely free.

Give it a whirl... 

 I apologise for my lack of detail, but it was literally this simple.



Nom! 

1 comment: